This blog is about great deals, sales promotions, offers and bargains in Coventry, United Kingdom. The deals, offers and promotions we post will be from our experience, so you not only get great promotions and deals in Coventry, you also can read how the deals work and if they are worthy to use.

8 Feb 2013

H&M in-store top, online flop

Hello again,

I assume everybody knows H&M and shops there now and then - so do I. Unfortunately, some stores like the one in Coventry are not very big and the selection of clothes is limited. Therefore, sometimes in-store my size, the right colour or whatever, is not available. However, I want the thing really bad, so I have to think further. Thus  I happen to order online from time to time, also because you can get there offers like:              
  • 25% off on highest priced item with code: 0241 (type in at check out) or
  • 25% off one item when you sign up for the newsletter


Unfortunately, my online shopping experience at H&M is not really good. I ordered several times online in my home country Germany and I was always satisfied. Well, when I wanted to purchase online in the UK, I was told that my credit worthiness may be not enough so I have to pay in advance with my credit card. Usually at H&M you can pay after you received your order, so you just pay for what you want to keep. Therefore, my first order was cancelled and one of the items was sold out in the mean time. That was the first time I was really angry.

However, like told before, I wanted a thing so bad that I ordered again and paid in advance. Then, second time I became a little bit pissed was when it took ages to deliver my parcel. What the hell can take so long??? But ok, I couldn't change anything about it, so I waited until my parcel arrived. Then the clothes were there, of course the thing I wanted the most didn't fit (surprise!) so I had to return some of the clothes, which lead to the next problems! I could choose how I wanted to return my parcel- with Hermes or Royal Mail. I chose Royal Mail- my mistake!!! I went to the post office (in the city centre) with a huge, heavy parcel and had plans for afterwards. Shouldn't have done plans because the nice woman at the post office told me that she can't accept my parcel. "It's the wrong return label, the parcel is too big, I'm sorry."
I think you can imagine how pissed and angry I was.
I had to go back home because I couldn't walk through the city with this huge parcel. When I was home, I wrote H&M an email and complained and they organised that my parcel was picked up at my home, which by the way is the normal procedure- so no extra credit for good customer service from me! Well, my parcel was collected and now I'm still waiting that I get a part of my money back for the things I returned. 

Result: I try not to order online at H&M in the UK again because it's too much trouble, I don't need. But H&M in general is ok and I can't say anything negative about in-store shopping. *Maria*

So, what are your experiences with H&M (in-store or online)? Tell us and the other readers by writing a comment. We're looking forward to your story!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.